- Poem: Thank youAs the sun sets into the Arabian Sea, I marvel at God’s artistry.In the noise and crowds surrounding me, he gave me peace and timeless beauty.A
- Poem: Me, not meMe, not me Do you see me?Past the curve of my eyelid,The turn of my lips,My hair unbrushedUp in a careless twist.Do you track the moon’s
- I promised myself I would laugh againI promised myself I would laugh againRebuild foundations and create again.Look to the future and plan againAnd once more make myself a friend.
- Will you love me whenWill you hold me closeSo I don’t miss them and thoseThat I carry with me in open wounds I inflicted on myself.
- New linesAnother year has marked it’s story on my face. Pasted memories carefully in my heart’s crumpled page.
- Do I existDo I exist
In the skin I feel over the sinews that move
In the lights that flicker just past my eyes
In the relationships that bind me
The lies you repeat and I believe
- FateThe lines on my palm, scored deep and dark
Remind me how far I’ve wandered off my path.
Life happened in the folds and creases
Of my own hands, of my own doing.
- Quiet MomentsOne more box, one lonely night, one stormy path,
At a time. One tear, one year, one paralyzing fear
Faced and brushed away, drowned in pinks as gaudy
As these flowers that bloom, this evening, in my home.
- Everything endsSome days, when it seems too hard,
When something shifts and resettles
Somewhere deep in the heart
And cracks appear in the facade.
- Lost loveTo all those I’ve loved and lost.To those who were once held in my arms.To those who made my heart skipOr my tears flow.To the precious
acrylics (1) AI (1) AlkaVerse (5) alkawrites2012 (1) alkawrites2014 (2) alkawrites2015 (1) alkawrites2016 (3) alkawrites2017 (2) alkawrites2022 (4) alkawrites2023 (1) Art (5) canvas (1) daughter (4) Delhi (2) depression (1) ego (1) erotica (6) Europe (2) family (3) feminism (5) flowers (1) gender pay gap (2) H4bride (1) immigrant (6) infertility (1) InLaws (1) introversion (2) introvert (2) marriage (3) mother (7) nephew (1) nonfiction (11) nostalgia (9) painting (1) parenting (2) personality (8) pessimism (2) poem (8) poetry (7) supplychain (1) teens (2) travel (2) valentines (1) world news (1) write (13)