The term “H4 brides” generally refers to women who enter the United States on an H4 visa as dependents of their spouse who holds an H1B visa.

In some cases, these women may have met their spouse while living in their home country and married before coming to the United States. In other cases, they may have had an arranged marriage and come to the United States to join their spouse.

Adjusting to life in a new country as an H4 dependent can be challenging, as these individuals are not authorized to work in the United States unless they obtain a work permit (Employment Authorization Document or EAD) under certain circumstances. As a result, some H4 dependents may feel isolated or dependent on their spouse for financial support, which can be a source of stress.

The H4 visa is tied to the H1B visa holder’s status, and it is typically granted for the same duration as the H1B visa.